The Demography Unit of the University of Southern Denmark's Interdisciplinary Centre on Population Dynamics (CPop) seeks to recruit Assistant Professors. As part of the Faculty of Business and Social Science, the Demography unit collaborates with researchers across the faculties, including economics and political science in its own faculty, biology, mathematics and data analysis in the Faculty of Natural Science, epidemiology, biostatistics, biodemography and health economics in the Faculty of Health Sciences, literature and media science in the Faculty of Humanities.
An applicant should have a:
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Demography, Economics, Political Science and Policy Analysis, Data Science, Actuarial Mathematics or related field (applicants with submitted but not yet defended PhD will be considered, conditional upon their successful PhD defence),
- strong commitment to interdisciplinary research on population dynamics, and
- solid education in statistical and mathematical methods.
It would be desirable if an applicant was interested in research in some of the following areas:
- forecasting mortality after age 50 and especially after age 90,
- understanding the causes of inequality of lifespans after age 50 and the characteristics of people with short vs. long lifespans,
- modeling the difference between and the ratio of male and female death rates over age, time and population, and/or
- analyzing the dynamics of fertility by adapting methods devised to study the dynamics of mortality.
It would also be desirable if an applicant had strong skills in statistical methods for analyzing very large data sets. Knowledge of SAS or R and of machine learning methods would be useful.
Further information can be obtained from Head of CPop Kernel unit Annette Baudisch, phone +45 6550 9355, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment to the position will be in accordance with the salary agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
An application must include:
All non-Danish documents must be translated into English.
Assessment of applications will be done under existing Appointment Order for universities.
Applications will be assessed by an assessment committee. The committee may request additional information, and if so, it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the necessary material.
When the assessment committee has submitted its report, the applicant will receive the part of the evaluation that concerns him/her.
Applications that are incomplete with regard to the above requirements will not be assessed by the committee.
Shortlisting and tests may be used in the assessment process.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background. As part of the overall assessment of the applicant's qualifications, an interview may be applied.
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link "Apply online". Uploaded files must be in Adobe PDF (unlocked) Word format.
Each field can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb.
You can only apply for the position through our website www.sdu.dk/en/service/ledige_stillinger.
Your application must be registered in our system on the 27/02/2020 at 23.59.59 CET at the latest.
|Titel||Assistant professorships in Demography at the University of Southern Denmark’s Interdisciplinary Centre on Population Dynamics (CPop)|
|Job location||Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M|
|Publiceret||december 23, 2019|
|Ansøgningsfrist||februar 27, 2020|
|Stillingstyper||Adjunkt / Lektor  |
|Områder||Sociologi,   Humangeografi,   Anvendt matematik,   Socialforskning,   Kulturstudier  |