Call for applications for up to 12 PhD positions at the Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research opens soon!
The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research (CGA) in Germany is a joint venture of the University of Cologne Excellence Cluster on Stress Responses in Aging Associated Diseases (CECAD), the University Hospital Cologne, the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing and the Max Planck Institute for Metabolism Research. Cologne has emerged as a leading global research cluster with a stellar constellation of institutes and scientists dedicated to ageing research in Life Sciences.
- An outstanding international research environment at the most prestigious ageing research cluster in Europe
- Excellent infrastructure for training and research by internationally recognized scientists in facilities with state-of-the-art technologies
- Ph.D. projects that can be carried out in research groups of the above-mentioned institutes
- An interdisciplinary and structured Ph.D. programme in the vibrant city of Cologne, Germany, completely conducted in English
- Intensive support and guidance for international students in all administrative matters
We are looking for
- Highly qualified and motivated students holding a M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Biology, Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Genetics, Medical Biology, Translational Medicine or a related field
- A new generation of biomedical scientists who are eager to make fundamental scientific discoveries in the basic biology of ageing and may translate them into improvements in health and life for people as they grow older