The Department of Management at Aarhus BSS, Aarhus University, invites applications for a two-year postdoctoral position offering Danish speaking applicants an exciting opportunity to join two new research projects on rethinking market practices involving collaborative research with Danish Industry.
The starting date for the successful candidate is 1 February 2017 or subject to mutual agreement.
The research projects
The position will involve working on two research projects focusing on market practices in the food sector; “Provenance” and “Demand Driven Innovation for Higher Quality Beef and Lamb.”
The Provenance project is financed by the Danish Innovation Fund. It addresses the knowledge gaps that exist related to physical, cultural and economic factors that prevent the growth of the Danish provenance food sector. To address these gaps, the successful candidate will conduct detailed case studies of both successful and unsuccessful cases of provenance foods in order to determine facilitators and barriers to farmers, processors, food service operators and retailers for successfully engaging in activities related to developing and marketing provenance foods. The project will employ a practice perspective to investigate how local producers can develop sustainable business models and market strategies for producing, processing and distributing provenance foods.
The other project is financed by Interreg Öresund-Kattegat-Skagerrak and aims to contribute to more innovative techniques and methods that will provide primacy producers and other value chain stakeholders with opportunities for meeting the demands of different groups of customers regarding ethical and eating quality in order to strengthen their competitiveness on both the domestic and international market. More specifically, the successful candidate will study how animal welfare aspects influence different stakeholders’ perception of quality, and how market practices and collaborative practices further or hinder firms from engaging in the development and marketing of products with a better animal welfare.
Candidates must hold a PhD relevant to the academic areas of the Department of Management, preferably with experience within one or more of the following areas: practice theory, inter-organisational relationships, business model innovation and qualitative methods.
The successful candidate demonstrates a high level of English skills. Danish language skills are also a prerequisite, as the projects involve interviewing Danish consumers and companies. In addition, collaboration with various Danish and Swedish partners is an important part of the research projects.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the overall objectives of the projects by being involved in the data collection (focus groups with Nordic consumers; interviews and field studies in Danish and international companies) as well as the other phases of the research process, including coordination of research activities, analysis and interpretation of data, writing of scientific articles, dissemination of results to practitioner and the ongoing development of the projects.
The position is research-oriented, but may involve teaching assignments. This means that the successful candidate is expected to provide a dedicated contribution to both the department’s research and teaching environment.
Who we are
The Department of Management is one of the seven departments at Aarhus BSS, one of the four faculties at Aarhus University. Aarhus BSS unites the business and social science-related research fields and brings them closer together to reflect the close relationship between society and the business community. As part of a Top 100 university, Aarhus BSS, and specifically the Department of Management, has achieved the distinguished AASCB, AMBA and Equis accreditations.
For further information about the position, please contact Lars Esbjerg, Tel.: +45 87165058, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the department and its activities, please contact Head of Department, Professor Jacob Eskildsen, Tel.: +45 2429 3238, e-mail: email@example.com.
For further assistance with upload of your application and questions to the recruitment process, please contact HR supporter, Frederik Sørensen, Tel.: +45 8715 3445, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Place of work
Bartholins Allé 10, 8000 Aarhus C
- Applications must include: Degree certificates (copy), curriculum vitae, a complete list of publications (including annotations for not enclosed items) and up to 3 selected publications. Co-authorship statements including detailed information on applicant's contribution must be enclosed for joint research. Teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any) may be submitted. Please note that applications will be assessed entirely upon the submitted documents and publications.
- Scientific publications and other application material which cannot be uploaded together with the application can be sent in hard copy (5 copies) by surface mail to Aarhus BSS HR & PhD, Aarhus School of Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University, Taasingegade 1, building 1447, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark and must have reached the office no later than the application deadline. All hard copy application material must be marked with the ID number in the email you receive after having submitted the online application.
- Further information on the application and supplementary materials may be found in Applicant Guidelines.
- Aarhus BSS refers to the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Danish Universities (the Appointment Order).
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. AC.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background.
All applications must be made online and received by: